This is another fashionable subject that has been the subject of much discussion in recent years. Indeed, it is clear that there is a lot of information on this subject on the web and, as usual, Canna-House is here to help you see more clearly. Nowadays, CBD oil is increasingly consumed for its many benefits in humans, but is it also beneficial for our pets? Is this yet another marketing attempt by producers to sell more CBD oil or does it propose real interests to improve the lives of our 4-legged friends?
The CBD found in traditional CBD oil is the same as that used for cats and dogs. CBD oil for animals is simply tailored to their specific needs. If the CBD for humans is diluted in hemp oil, the CBD for animals is diluted in salmon oil so that it is more digestible and appreciated by the animals. It has been shown in numerous studies that CBD interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors and that CBD can provide real benefits by helping to regulate many motor and cognitive functions such as
- stress and anxiety
- the mood
CBD in the form of oil is without question the best mode of administration, firstly because of its concentration which cannot be reached with other products such as food enriched with CBD for example. CBD is best ingested by the body when accompanied by fat, so oil is perfect for this purpose. You only need a few drops to benefit from the effects, which makes it convenient to use. These reasons explain the overwhelming success of CBD oil. But what about CBD oil for animals? What is important to understand is that like all mammals, cats and dogs have an endocannabinoid system whose main role is the same whether it is a human, a cat or a dog: the regulation of body functions and the maintenance of this one in a state of balance. What happens when cats and dogs are given CBD is that CBD adds additional cannabinoids to their internal endocannabinoid system, enhancing the overall effectiveness of the system, CBD binds to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in cats and dogs in the same way as it does in humans.
CBD for dogs and cats is effective in stimulating their appetite, especially if they have eating disorders. It also helps them when they are stressed, anxious or afraid. More generally, their endocannabinoid system is better regulated and this results in better regulation of pain perceptions and inflammation, so it helps if your dogs and cats are experiencing certain types of physical pain. We will also notice a reduction in your pets’ anxiety and an improvement in their mood, as the influx of cannabinoids also boosts the level of dopamine in the brain of your dogs and cats.
You will have understood that the effects of CBD are extremely similar between humans, dogs, cats, but also on all other mammals. It’s all a question of dosage. To this end, and in view of the amount of demand Canna-House has via itsPure Leaf CBD oil label, developed a CBD oil specifically for animals. Like our traditional CBD oils, Pure Leaf Pure Leaf CBD Oil for Animals is scrupulously controlled in laboratory and benefits from the same manufacturing process and the same requirements as our traditional CBD oils!
Let’s summarize & illustrate this information to make it clearer:
CBD oil and how it works on animals
- CBD is the famous non-psychoactive compound present in cannabis, which interacts with the endocannabinoid system of mammals, including animals, especially cats and dogs.
- The endocannabinoid system in pets regulates various functions such as mood, appetite, and pain and stress management for example.
- CBD works primarily by binding to CB1 and CB2 receptors, helping to regulate and balance certain body and cognitive functions in animals.
Les bienfaits de l’huile de CBD pour les chats et les chiens
- Pain and Inflammation Relief: Studies show that CBD can reduce inflammation and pain in animals with arthritis and other joint problems.
- Stress and anxiety reduction: CBD can help calm anxious behaviors and phobias in pets, such as fear of thunderstorms or fireworks for example.
- Improved digestive health: CBD has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that can help relieve gastrointestinal disorders in animals.
- Other potential benefits: some studies suggest that CBD may help manage epilepsy and perhaps even slow the growth of cancer cells. It could also alleviate dry mouth syndrome, which is relatively common among our four-legged friends.
Dosage et administration de l’huile de CBD pour animaux
- Choosing the right concentration depends on the weight and condition of the animal; it is best to start with a low dose and adjust gradually.
- CBD oil can be administered directly into the animal’s mouth or mixed with its food.
- It is strongly advised to consult a veterinarian before giving CBD oil to ensure it is suitable for your pet
Les limites et précautions à prendre avec l’huile de CBD pour animaux de compagnie
- Long-term studies on the side effects of CBD in pets are still limited, so it’s important to monitor their long-term effects on your cats and dogs
- CBD can interact with certain medications, so it is essential to discuss this if your pet is currently on medical treatment
If you have any questions, we warmly invite you to visit one of our 4 stores so that one of our salesmen can direct you and give you more information!